Friday, September 5, 2008

I didn't know I could sweat so much.

Yesterday, I worked the grill and the flattop. It was hot. By the time we were done, we had put out 65 orders, and I had sweat clean through my undershirt (Why was I wearing an undershirt?. . . I don't know!!!). Apparently, I looked really rosy. Today, I'm taking orders. That should be a little less sweaty. I took another 2 hour nap when I got home. It would have been longer if I hadn't forced myself up. If I have to nap after today's job, then my wimpiness is fully confirmed.

Once again, our team worked well together. With 65 orders, we were serving a customer every minute and nine seconds. Our special was a grilled pepper and chicken quesadilla with corn and black bean salsa and a side of fries. It didn't sell as well as I thought it would. Initially that surprised me, but then I thought about it. We serve a lot of 18 and 19 year olds. I remember how at that age all I wanted to eat was a burger with fries. And, if I could get it with bacon, mushrooms, or cheese. . .even better. Heck, I don't think I even knew what a quesadilla was when I was 18.

2 comments:

Helen said...

So? Did you have to nap?

Sarah said...

On Thursday, yes, but on Friday, no.