Friday, July 20, 2012

Wedding Cakes!





This is the first summer in a couple of years that I do not have to make a wedding cake for anyone. The lack of responsibility has left me with a curious carefree feeling.  Here are some glamour shots of the wedding cakes I made last year.  The first was for a former student.  Hers is a yellow butter cake with lemon curd filling and vanilla buttercream.



I also made a cake for my friends Seamus and Anna.  I went to culinary school with Seamus so it was super awesome to get make his wedding cake.  Anna wanted a carrot cake, so I made her one with white chocolate cream cheese frosting.  Also, I found a really great platter at Value Village and my neighbour who is an amazing artist, customized it with their wedding date, names, and the words fidelity and strength.






1 comment:

Rachelle Chinnery said...

Wowie! Makes me want to get married again! ... to the same man, of course! Just beautiful Sarah. We missed you this year.