Thursday, October 23, 2008

Is it wrong to love bacon this much???


I know I haven't blogged in a long time, but there is a good reason. Over the past four weeks I have become seriously addicted to bacon. You may be wondering how bad can it be. . . is she hyperbolizing? Well the answer is no, I am not. As part of our Block 3 duties, the class is responsible for cooking breakfast for the cafeteria. This involves baking off three very large trays of bacon in the oven every morning. By the time breakfast has been served there is often half a hotel pan of bacon leftover. Why we don't cook less bacon, I do not know. This daily ritual has had the unfortunate side effect of making bacon part of my daily routine. I have tried to forgo the luscious pork product, but if this block has taught me anything it is that I have absolutely no willpower. I have eaten so much bacon over the last twenty days that I feel I am in a constant state of dehydration and I may have given myself gout. I only pray that when I get to the stock, soups, sauces, and salads kitchen in Block 4, I don't find out I have a veloute addiction as well.

Anyway, I gave up fighting the urge to eat the beautiful crispy, fatty, wonderful bacon. Now I simply bow to the urge. I only have one day left and then it's cold turkey (or bacon) for me.

For your viewing pleasure here are a few fabulous bacon products.

Bacon straight up . . . No apologies.



Bacon Bandages: Makes ow-ees okay.



Forget Footloose, put your hand up if you've seen Tremors more than twice.


Someone is a marketing genius.


Oooh yeah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a vegetarian there is something in me that wants to wear one of those bacon bandages.

Sarah said...

As a bacon addict, there is something in me that wants to eat one of those bacon bandages.

Helen said...

Mmm.. bacon. We very, very rarely buy it because both Ted & I are bacon lovers, too.